The Worlds End Association
1. The association shall be called the Worlds End Association.
2. The aims of the association shall be to foster a sense of community among the residents of Worlds End by working to conserve/enhance and protect the area particularly through liaison with local government.
3. All of the association's income must be applied towards it's aims and for no other purpose.
4. Membership shall be open to all persons who live in or care about Worlds End upon payment of an annual subscription, amount to be determined at the Annual General meeting. Membership of the Association will only be available to persons approved by the Committee. The Committee may rescind membership where it is deemed to be in the best interests of the Association.
5. The Annual General Meeting shall be held in March and shall be advertised publicly at least two weeks in advance. The quorum for such meetings shall be ten. Postal and email votes will be counted as valid votes, on a particular resolution where due notice has been given.
6. The officers of the Association shall be the Chair, Deputy Chair/Secretary and Treasurer and shall themselves live locally. Officers must retire after 3 years but may be re-elected.
7. The Executive Committee shall be the officers plus six additional members.
8. A quorum at any Executive Committee meeting shall be four.
9. A two-thirds majority shall be required to carry any proposition put to a General or Annual General Meeting.
10. An independent auditor shall be appointed.
11. The constitution shall only be altered at an annual general meeting, or at a special general meeting of which all members have received one month's notice.
12. In the event of the association being disbanded by agreement of its members, the Treasurer shall realise all the assets of the association and discharge all liabilities. A General Meeting shall be called and audited accounts submitted. Any balance remaining shall be distributed to another charitable / non-for-profit organisation and not to the association members. The Treasurer shall make such distribution as directed and submit final accounts to the Auditor, and the association shall stand dissolved.